I have taught a variety of undergraduate units in the areas of programming (MATLAB, C/C++), robotics, computer vision and engineering design as an academic at Monash University's Electrical Engineering department. Units I have taught include:
- Computing for Engineers (large 1st year engineering introduction unit covering MATLAB, coding practices and numerical methods)
- Computer Organisation and programming (2nd year C programming course also covering MIPS and a bit of hardware)
- Engineering Design (3rd year team-based design unit where students build autonomous robots that compete against each other)
- Intelligent Robotics (final year elective on robotics, primarily dealing with sensing, mobile robots and a bit of computer vision)
- Computer Vision (final year elective on computer vision using OpenCV and libcvd)
Achievements and Awards
- Coordinating, lecturing and teaching ~2500 students in total from 2009 to 2011
- Highest unit evaluation within first year engineering (2009, Computing for Engineers)
- Greater that 90% (4.5 out of 5 scale) student satisfaction in majority of units taught
- Great feedback from students (see below)
Student feedback (collected by anonymous survey)
Answers to question "What were the best aspects of the unit?" (Comments collected by university anonymously ):
- Wai Ho
- Wai Ho teaches well, he made it interesting and easy to understand :)
- Wai Ho was a very good teacher and Chris was fairly good. Wai Ho's examples in the lecture where he demonstrated Matlab was very helpful.
- The first series of lectures on how to use the basics of MATLAB presented by Wai Ho Li, these were clear, concise, and easy to comprehend and apply.
- Wai Ho is an excellent lecturer.
- Wai Ho Li's organisation of ENG1060's blackboard needs to recieve an Award.
- ... the lecturer always gave us real world example to explain the concepts he was teaching us.
- Wai Ho is a good lecturer. I also took this unit last semester and found him to be a lot more engaging than the lecturers last semester.
- Wai Ho Li's lectures were fantastic and his dedication to answering questions on blackboard was amazing.
- The lecturer, Wai Ho Li, has made this unit the most enjoyable and interesting unit. his explanations and descriptions of the topics covered in the unit were clear and concise.
- Good lecturer
- The lecturer (Wai Ho Li) and his notes were VERY GOOD.
- Wai Ho Li is my hero!!!
- I like the lecturer, Dr Wai Ho, he is awesome.
- I would highly commend Wai Ho for his teaching ability, he presents the lectures in a way that makes you want to attend every lecture, its much more interesting to learn in his letures than on your own.
- Wai Ho is a fantastic lecturer
- Wai Ho was probably one of my best lecturers
- Wai Ho taught the subject very well
- I personally feel Dr Wai Ho Li did a amazing job this semester
- Wai Ho Li was very good at providing useful feedback on our design projects.
- Wai Ho is very enthusiastic and the lectures were very interesting.
- Wai ho was a good lecturer, detailed lectures.
- Wai Ho is a wonderful lecturer, he is engaging and the material taught is extremely well presented.
- The lecturer wai ho was clear and efficient and his lectures were useful.
- Wai Ho was a very good lecturer
- Wai-Ho is perhaps the best Engineering lecturer on campus.
- Wai Ho explaining the lectures very clearly and thoroughly. The lectures also helped as Wai Ho could demonstrate certain code on MATLAB for the whole class to view.
- Dr.Wai Ho Li was extremely knowledgeable and knew all his material in depth.
- Extremely well organized [unit]. A true tribute to the lecturer Wai Ho
More feedback from students
- Wai Ho appreciation thread (from anonymous forum in my first year unit)
- Another appreciation thread
- Wai Ho song from students (new lyrics to "Jai Ho")